2.12.2007

the moving image

These are the things I watched on the television last night:


JACKIE BROWN




DRACULA ON MASTERPIECE THEATRE





LAW AND ORDER: SVU





A RECAP OF MY DREAM THIS MORNING:

An ex boyfriend became a vampire and started to bite people. He wore a button-down worn in plaid shirt and jeans.
I still had liked him I guess and he wanted to get together against the
wishes of my mother and my friends. We did anyway and he bit me while we were having sex on a couch in a grey almost foggy room (it was more translucent than foggy) but I didn't die or become a vampire (when I woke up I thought that maybe there was some kind of time-lapse... We'd kissed after her bit me which would mean that I would have drunk blood but maybe it took a while until I became a vampire). I was afraid of his biting me but I also liked it. There was a woman who I didn't know who didn't want us to be together either and to whom I kept justifying my actions while telling her that I knew she was right.

Havilah was visiting from somewhere and had a big bag. We were staying in a hostel/grocery store/apartment. There was an ATM in the girls' showers and it kept moving, it was later explained to be a portable ATM machine.
The vampire ex boyfriend kept leaving and coming back. He would go to parties and meet cute girls and bite them. He probably had sex with them too.

We had a party in the grocery store living quarters and Vampire BF came with his friend. VBF kept coming close to me and we would hug or something but I really really didn't want him to bite me again so I was reluctant. There was a floppy bed and lots of people at the party.
I had a feeling of being surveilled by the state, especially at the party.

There was a woman who stood in between Havilah's room and the kitchen near a chair and a Latino man. She was tall and solid with big black hair and a blue suit that she had made herself. She and I spent a lot of time talking about how she made the suit. She was self-concious about how she'd put breast pockets with buttons on the front. I told her that they looked nice. I thought maybe she was in the navy and asked her continuously what organization she belonged to (cause she definitely belonged to something) and she kept telling me but the music was too loud or her voice was too distorted so I missed it every time.

Havilah's huge bag had something in it that I really needed and I kept sorting through her clothing and soap but never found anything.

Mom and Havilah and I went to the mall and were shoe shopping. Someone was watching us there too and we were supposed to meet someone like my brother Seth. The shoe store was small and cramped and Mom found some nice ones. I kept trying shoes on and Havilah was watching in a corner. Lots were mismatched but still tied together. There were no true blacks: only plums and off whites. The white shoes were birkenstocks but looked like heavy flats. They hugged my feet very tightly and had great arch support. Havilah and Mom might have been getting impatient but they weren't showing it too much. The clerk was cold. The shop was surrounded by windows.

The colour pallette for this dream was very subdued: A lot of haze and plums, greys, light browns. Maybe some swamp greens. These were all the colours until I spoke to the woman in uniform. Her suit was bright blue and looked like polyester. Her shirt was very white and slightly wrinkled, her face was kind and very very worried, like someone was watching her or she was botching up a heist, and the kitchen had wooden light brown varnished rounded back chairs and white linoleum floors. And the part with Havilah's bag had some yellows and was a bit more detailed.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well said.